HOUSE FIRE: A fire Wednesday destroyed a house at 1487 Goodwin Road near Dexter. Members of Calloway County Fire-Rescue and the American Red Cross responded to the blaze just after 11 a.m. CCFR Chief Tommy Morgan said one woman was at home at the time the fire started and escaped with no injuries. He said 18 CCFR members responded in seven trucks and that the home was mostly destroyed by the time they got there. He said high winds caused the damage to be even worse than it might otherwise have been, and the house was a total loss. While the cause of the fire is uncertain, Morgan said the woman reported that a space heater had been used in the room where the fire was believed to have started. Crews stayed on the scene until about 5 p.m., Morgan said.